E11even AODA CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY – 2015
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), e11even is committed to improving access and opportunities for people with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers that might interfere with their ability to make full use of our restaurant.
At e11even we are dedicated to exciting all of our guests in keeping with our corporate vision.
We endeavour to provide service to our guests in a manner that reflects the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity. Our commitment is to provide all guests, including those living with disabilities, the same opportunity to benefit from our goods and services.
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
e11even is committed to serving all guests, including people with disabilities, by removing barriers that might arise in the course of doing business as follows:
- Communication – We will communicate with guests with disabilities in ways that take their disability into account. We will train our people on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- Telephone Services – We are committed to providing fully accessible telephone service to our guests. We will train our people to communicate over the telephone in clear and plain language and to speak clearly and slowly. We will offer to communicate with guests using the relay service or by email if telephone communication is not suitable for their needs or is not available. Tables for guests with special seating requirements can be booked prior by calling the restaurant directly.
- Accessible Seating – e11even is committed to providing an exceptional experience for all guests and is pleased to offer accessible seating options. Accessible seating sections are barrier-free and feature removable seating that can accommodate wheelchairs. There are twelve fully accessible tables within the restaurant which can be booked prior by calling 416-815-1111.
- Parking – There are multiple accessible parking spaces available for guests with disabilities. This parking lot is located in Maple Leaf Square. These spots are located close to the elevator leading up to e11even.
E11even welcomes our guests with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals may accompany the guest in any areas open to the general public.
Notice of Temporary Service Disruption
E11even will provide notice to the public when there is a temporary disruption of facilities or services usually used by our guests with disabilities to access our goods or services. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration and a description of alternative facilities or services that may be available. When possible, we will post this notice in advance on our website.
E11even will provide training to all employees and others who deal with our guests, as well as those who are involved in the development of corporate policies, practices and procedures. E11even will also ensure that the staff of all third parties operating within our venue have received training on serving our guests with disabilities.
Training will cover the following:
- The purposes of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with guests with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with guests with disabilities that use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or support person.
- E11even's policies, practices and procedures relating to the customer service standard.
- Those involved in policy development will receive additional training about providing goods or services to the public or third parties.
This training will be provided within each employee's new hire training class. Ongoing training will be provided with respect to any changes to e11even's policies, practices and procedures.
Feedback/Questions About This Policy
E11even is committed to providing exceptional guest service. We appreciate feedback from our guests on all issues, especially related to the way we provide goods and services to people with disabilities. All feedback should be directed to our restaurant management team in the method most preferred by the fan. If they wish to be contacted about their feedback, guests should provide their name and contact information. We strive to respond to all feedback within two business days of receipt. Mail can be sent to:Nicole.Bird@mlse.com